Drug Demand Reduction
Dare to be Drug Free
Stay COOL – Don’t Use DRUGS!!
Civil Air Patrol Drug Demand Reduction Vision:
To be a leading force in America’s drug demand reduction strategy through the development of tomorrow’s leaders in volunteer community service for a drug-free world.
Civil Air Patrol Drug Demand Reduction Mission Statement:
The Civil Air Patrol Drug Demand Reduction program assists squadrons, groups, wings, and regions to instill an aggressive, positive, drug-free attitude in Civil Air Patrol members, Air Force families, DoD civilians, and school-age children through a comprehensive program that:
- Promotes Civil Air Patrol as a positive community service lifestyle.
- Encourages youth to remain in school.
- Focuses on drug abuse education, prevention and awareness.
- Provides positive activities as an alternative to drugs and gang violence.
Education and Training:
Never has there been a greater need to increase our knowledge about drug abuse. Ever changing drug patterns, the continuing transmissions of HIV infection among drug abusers, and the need to develop new and effective treatment and prevention interventions underscore the importance of education and training. Resources squadrons can use to support education and training sessions include teachers from the CAP School Program and the Adopt-A-School Program, Active Duty, Reserve, and National Guard members for their leadership and expertise, and cadet sponsor members for their logistical and supervisory support. The CAP DDRP should:
- Provide substance abuse information/classes; Use CAP members, USAF base drug demand reduction coordinators (DDRC), and/or state National Guard drug demand reduction administrators (DDRA) as resources to educate members and youth on the dangers of drugs.
- Support CAP units with student training materials, videos, classroom, and audiovisual equipment and accessories.
- Facilitate approved regional DDR conferences with all DDRAs. These conferences will explain, promote, develop, and coordinate national, regional, wing, group, and squadron DDR programs.
- Provide portable display booths and videos to advertise and promote CAP DDRP.
- Civil Air Patrol Drug Demand Reduction
- An Interactive Lesson Guide for Parents and Teachers to Teach Kids About Drugs and Alcohol
- Child Welfare
- Drug Enforcement Administration (D.E.A.)
- Drug Free America Foundation:
- Drugs in America: Lessons for Law enforcement
- How Alcohol Affects the Adolescent Brain
- How to Say NO to Drugs
- National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- National Youth Anti-Drug Media Campaign
- Office of National Drug Control Policy (ONDCP)
- Parents – Intervene
- Partnership for a Drug Free America
- Reject All Tobacco
Related Articles of Interest