Fostering a wing wide safety culture and incorporating ORM into all CAP activities
Wing Safety Team
Director of Safety – Lt Col Steven Rogers.
Team Members: Maj Jon Hight, and Maj Jonathan Todd
Utah Wing Safety Day – Complete by end of March!
As a reminder, CAPR 62-1 requires a safety day in each unit in the Wing before the end of March.
You can learn more about what this safety day means for your unit in CAPR 62-1 4.l; In order to assist the Units with topics, we have put together this powerpoint on Cyber Security. This is a huge topic and it’s not going to be going away any time soon. The more educated you can become on computer/cyber safety the more you can protect yourself from some of the threats out there. This powerpoint goes along great with geotagging powerpoint already located in SMS. If you don’t have a safety day topic put together yet, consider going over these presentations.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me or anyone on the Safety Team!
New: Utah Wing Safety News Letter
- 3rd Quarter 2014 – Details on Safety Improvement or Hazard Reporting.
- 2nd Quarter 2014
- 1st Quarter 2014
FAA / CAP Safety Partnership
Utah Wing Safety Briefing
Safety Officer Resources
- National CAP Safety Home Page
- National CAP Safety Newsletters – Safety Beacon
- CAPR 62-1 Safety Responsibilities and Procedures
- CAPR 62-2 Mishap Reporting and Investigation
- CAPP 217 – Safety Officer Specialty Track Study Guide
- CAPF 71 CAP Aircraft Inspection Checklist
- CAPF 73 CAP Vehicle Inspection Guide and Usage Data
- The Role of the Mission Safety Officer (MSO)
- FAA Field Service Office (FSDO) Salt Lake City
- FAASTeam – FAA Safety Team
- FAA Safety Briefing
- Aviation Safety Information Analysis and Sharing (ASIAS) System
- FAA Form 8740-5 – Safety Improvement Report
- AOPA Air Safety Foundation (ASF)- Free On-line Courses
- Flight Safety Foundation
- National Safety Council
- Aviation Safety Reporting System
- NOAA’s National Weather Service Windchill Chart
Aircrew Safety Resources
Safety Education and Operational Risk Management (ORM) Courses